I am, of course, not condoning this. (I'm a mom, so I have to say that.) And I really don't think this would be awesome for anybody to do. Or anything. At all. And just know that if I see this happen at any future games, I would not feel proud. Not even a little.
However, as your Seattle Offside blogger, I do believe it is my job to educate. So keeping this to myself would be just...just...wrong.
This comes via Sons of Ben, the Philadelphia supporter's group which existed before there was even a team. I found it on MLS Tifo.
Oh, and guess what? The color is even right.
(And know that the mom in me echoes the original post: Be safe.)
And now, since I've been seeing some fantastic stuff all over the web, enjoy your weekly Rave Green Links -- some Sounders stuff from around the web.
- First, another interview with Steve Zakuani, this one from the guys over at Unprofessional Foul. The more I read from this guy, the more impressed I am. (Oh, and the linked article includes a great shot of that haircut.)
- Next we have a podcast interview with Nate Jaqua over at Jared Montz Soccer. He talks about being back in the northwest, the team's fast start, and how Sigi is helping them deal with the pressure.
- And, since the podcast talks about this, you need to see it. This is the April Fool's joke (setting, Pike Place Market) that the boys played on Evan Brown and Steve Zakuani.
- No ticket? No problem. David Falk over at Seattle Soccer Examiner talks about finding a pub to watch the games with your fellow fanatics.
- And speaking of David Falk, ever wonder how the fantastic GOALSeattle site came into existence? Next Season Sports has an interview where he tells us all about it.
- And Jose Romero over at the Seattle Times has his Weekly Los Super Cinco feature up, where he picks his five top players of the week.
- Over at ProstAmerika, they've got an interview with The Man, Kasey Keller. Money quote: "It would have been my greatest save, if I'd touched it."
- And finally, any sci-fi fans out there? I have a riddle for you, courtesy of Sounder at Heart: What do Ender's Game and the 2009 Sounders have in common?