RSL is visiting BC Place and the Caps tomorrow night...and wow...check this out:
VAN minus Hassli, RSL minus Johnson, Saborio, Beckerman, Espindola...in addition, both Morales (probably not ready for 90) and Rimando are listed only as probable. This should be an interesting, if ugly, matchup.
Questions - If RSL loses, does that impact Sigi's lineup for Saturday? If they lose, they are 6 pts behind the Sounders with only 2 games to make those up. In the unlikely event that the Sounders lose out...it goes to tiebreakers:
- Head-to-Head (Points-per-match average)
- Overall Goal Differential
- Overall Total Goals Scored
- Tiebreakers 1–3 applied only to matches on the road
- Tiebreakers 1–3 applied only to matches at home
- Fewest team disciplinary points in the League Fair Play table
- Coin toss
What the hell is the "League Fair Play" table ... and where do we stand in that regard? The first 6 are all pushes...so...assuming we are in good shape in that table after Beckerman's fiasco and have that tiebreak, would an RSL loss and 2nd place lock mean you rest guys, or go full tilt and expect LA to stumble? I'm a full-tilt vote *except* in the case of borderline injuries like Mauro's.