Back in 2009 the Alliance Council was given a Golden Scarf (I'm 2nd from the left). We've done a lot since then, and here's something else.
When the whole Seattle Sounders Alliance was created it was clear that not everything was going to happen immediately, but things have happened. There's some governing documents, non-supporters are able to get designated tickets to Cascadia Away matches, we ran the Supporters Summit, there are recognized supporters groups chosen by a fan organization rather than by members of the front office and we're not done.
One of the goals that the Council had since day one was to expand membership in the Alliance. If you own four seats for every home game and those three are occupied by the same group of friends and family for most of those games, why aren't those people part of the Alliance?
Now, they can be. All it takes is going to SoundersFC.com and filling out some information. In working with the club we worked to get those other named sub-accounts membership and voting rights. The link describes the benefits as such;
- Starting in 2013, we will provide each Sounders FC season ticket member with a personalized season ticket card.
- Allow more individuals to become voting members of the Alliance. At the end of the 2012 season, all Alliance members will vote on the retention of General Manager Adrian Hanauer.
- Offer more fans information about exclusive Season Ticket Member-only promotions.
- Communicate directly to each ticket member as we continue to expand the features and benefits of the season ticket card.
Those members can be elected to Council and can vote people onto the Council too. By expanding the reach of Alliance membership on Council I hope we get more ideas, more input and improve the things we're working on for the future. Things we're working on right now are how to select the charity partners of the club, what the 2013 season ticket scarf will look like, increased input on the 2014 3rd kit and other things that haven't wound up in our meeting notes on the Council blog yet.
Of course, the biggest thing that membership has for 2012 is the ability to vote on the retention of Adrian Hanauer. Again, that link to add members based on your ticket package.
* as always when talking about the Council I speak for myself and my intentions when backing this concept. I am not currently an officer of the Council.