Preston Burpo was there when the Cascadia Cup was won in Vancouver last year. Will you be there this year?
In year with many away games, the final match of the cheaper set of Cascadia Cup away trips is upon us this week. On Saturday the Sounders take on the Vancouver Whitecaps with the opportunity to seize control of the Cascadia Cup, damage the 'Caps chances at the Playoffs and ensure that the Sounders are in the short season. It is a game between friends and rivals. With four road trips on the Cascadia schedule this year there are again tickets available for non-member of ECS. The Emerald City Supporters have extended their allocation of match tickets at BC Place to any who are willing to be ECS for a day.
The following is the statement they shared with Sounder at Heart about the tickets available. Recall, last year the Cascadia Cup was won in British Columbia. This year the contest is closer and it could come down to the final Cascadia home match for Seattle, or even the match after that when Portland goes to Vancouver.
It’s the last Cascadia Away match of 2012, and the stakes are high!
Vancouver’s been struggling of late, and this is a golden opportunity to squash their playoff hopes, while setting the table for winning the Cascadia Cup at home!
With a win against our rivals to the North, the Cascadia Cup will come down to Portland at home. Failing to win in Vancouver would take the path to the Cup out of our hands…and we definitely don’t want that. Every point counts…and every voice counts!
Tickets are on sale now and you won’t want to miss this one!
Supporters section tickets are on sale to everyone through the ECS store.
They are offering both Bus & Match Combo tickets ($73 includes match ticket, R/T transportation, and free beer) and Match-only tickets ($37). If you already have a ticket, but are interested in riding the bus send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for locations and pricing.
Please note that these are SUPPORTERS SECTION tickets. That means a few important things:
- You are asked (by MLS regulation) to arrive 2 hours prior to kickoff. If you choose the bus option, we will get you there on time.
- Tickets will be handed out on site starting at 4pm.
- The supporters section is treated as general admission. Front 2 rows will be held for capos, tifo, and security. You will NOT be entitled to the specific seat shown on your ticket.
- There will be flags, two-poles and other tifo that may obstruct your view at times. Even during the run of play. The section is GA, so you can move if you’re in a spot you don’t like.
- Standing, singing, and chanting are the norm. Song cards will be provided if you need them to follow along. Language will be PG-13.
- MLS and stadium regulations will also require that we be held back in the section for 15-20 minutes following the final whistle in order to clear the concourse of home fans.
- You will have fun.
This is shaping up to be a tremendous month for Cascadia. Be a part of the action as we bring the best traveling support in MLS to one of our closest rivals to show them how it’s done.
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com.