Already exchanging about a dozen questions in previews with Michael and the Stumptown crew there would seem to be little new. This exchange about the big MLS Cup Playoff Western Conference Semifinals is different. Eleven rapid fire questions and answers to help you get ready for Saturday's 7 PM match. Some are clearly meant in good fun, others offer insight not yet shared between the two sites. Today, it's Eleven Questions.
Previewing the match with the help of Michael Orr from StumptownFooty as we exchange 11 rapid fire questions.
From Sounder at Heart to StumptownFooty.
1. What did Caleb write in his scouting notebook after watching Seattle?
"Spacing and composure beats this team"
1. Is DeAndre Yedlin going to play?
We don't know yet. My bet is no.
2. Is it true that Marcus Hahnemann predates the entire Timbers/Sounders rivalry?
This is a fact. So do I. So do the Sounders.
3. Brad Evans: better right back or midfielder?
Better midfielder as he's not a great crosser and still learning where to be when. The second part is certain to come.
4. Will Obafemi Martins be back?
Maybe as a sub in leg one. Much stronger chance for leg two.
5. Eddie Johnson: most likely to score against Portland or second most likely?
Most likely. He's quite like Montero in that he gets up for matches against the darker green.
6. Will fatigue play a part on Saturday?
I don't think so. This is a team that has years of multiple games in a week.
7. How devastating would a loss at CenturyLink Field be?
The series would be over.
8. Is Sigi Schmid going to be the coach next year if this game/series don't go well?
If it winds up like the crushing losses in 2010 and 2011
9. Be honest, you hate the football lines and wish the Sounders had their own stadium, don't you?
I hate football lines but I'm happy that the city didn't spend the money to build three 40,000+ stadiums in downtown.
10. What is the most likely change to the XI (injuries aside) from Wednesday to Saturday?
They're all injury related but it could mean that Scott starts at RB, or Rose/Rosales at RM, or Burch at LM. There's lots of ways the lack of Yedlin could force changes.
11. If you were Schmid, what weakness of the Timbers would you most want to exploit?
Kah and Chara being a bit foul prone. Having a set-play specialist on the field could be huge.
A projected lineup exchange will happen Saturday.