Obviously we were all looking forward to seeing Seattle play this afternoon. Thanks to Canada, we will have to wait at least a day to see the home team on the tee vee. The silver lining is that it gives us the chance to watch more of the excellent MLS action in this third week.
P.S. Anyone happen to live in the Tucson area, and know of a good MLS-friendly bar or restaurant?
- The home team will always be the one named first
- Bold parenthesis indicate where to find the match in question.
- Normal parenthesis are my match picks.
- All times are Pacific Standard.
- Clicking on the team name will lead you to that team's SB Nation blog, where you can get a more in-depth look at lineups and matchups.
- Refunds will not be provided for advice given on busted brackets.
- Let me know if there are things you'd like to see change in our/my coverage. We may be omnipotent, but we also like to throw a few wrenches in to screw with you gals and guys.
GAME OF THE WEEK
Seattle's game in the "domed" Olympic Stadium of Montreal has been delayed due to snow. But Colorado will be damned if they're going to let a little bit of the white stuff slow them down as they take on Portland this afternoon. Soccer in heavy snow conditions can be very entertaining in its own way if last year's USMNT hex is any indication. That game saw the home team pull out a victory and the visitors crying foul. If conditions are as bad as all that, Portland may find themselves a little irritated as well once they thaw off their extremities. One can expect that mounds of frozen water will cool off the Portland attack. Both teams are coming off of draws, though Colorado's was thanks in large part to a penalty kick granted under questionable circumstances. Portland's draw was their second of the year, and second from behind to save a point. Will Gaston Fernandez be able to save them a third time in a row, even as the ball is hidden by the elements? Portland is the better team, but Colorado has the big advantage in this match.
Watch as it doesn't snow at all and the game is played in fine conditions and this whole preview is kaput.