Aside from being in South America, there might not be a better place in the Western Hemisphere to watch the 2014 World Cup. Need proof? We asked our readers to help us crowd-source a Seattle-area viewing guide and got more than 40 responses. Whether you have kids, prefer to have a drink while watching, want to be outside or quietly watch, we've got you covered.
Among the highlights:
- The Phinney Ridge Community Center will be showing every game live on a massive screen.
- Nord Alley will be hosting free outdoor viewings for select games in the Pioneer Square area.
- Fuel and Atlantic Crossing will be the AO Seattle headquarters, while Doyle's Pub in Tacoma will be their main spot in the South Sound.
- The Ballard, Fremont and Capitol Hill neighborhoods were all particularly well represented in responses we received.
- There's a theater in Bremerton showing the games
On a related note, Sounder at Heart is still trying to find a suitable venues to hold watch parties. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we finalize something.