The weekend of November 20th - 22nd, Major League Soccer fans and specifically, Supporters Groups of MLS clubs from across the U.S. and Canada will converge in the city of Seattle for the MLS Cup Finals. This is Our Passion, these are Our Clubs and this is Our League. We will all be celebrating soccer that is live in 15 stadiums in the USA and Canada with supporters in full voice every week for nine months of every year.
In partnership with Major League Soccer, The Seattle Sounders FC Alliance and all Seattle Sounders FC Supporters Groups will be sponsoring "Supporters Summit Seattle 2009". The 2009 SSPT (Supporters Summit Seattle Planning Team) is in the process of helping plan and coordinate events and activities specifically for members of the respective supporters groups across the league.
The Supporter Summit will provide a unique opportunity for supporters of current and future MLS teams, to come together in a centralized location. In addition this event is a great opportunity to interact with league officials and provide solution-oriented feedback that contributes to helping improve MLS.
Some of the activities currently planned are as follows:
Day I, Friday, November 20th – Icebreaker Social Event and Silent Auction
Specific time TBA
• Hosted by "Gorilla FC" at Fado’s pub with drink specials, pre-registration and entertainment
• Silent Auction Opens. Auction to benefit the club’s selected charities (Sounders Supporters Groups are supporting Seattle Children's Hospital)
Day II, Saturday, November Sat, 21st - Supporters Summit (Event hosted at QWEST Field, West Club Lounge)
10.00am to 11.00am
• Short Q&A session with MLS executives and others. Specific speakers to be announced at a later date
11.00am to 12.15am
• Supporter roundtable break out with MLS staff moderating the discussion
• Key questions/objectives defined before roundtable
• MLS executives and other personnel to interact with supporters groups. Specific individuals to be announced in coming weeks
12.15pm to 12.45pm
• Lunch, featuring Budweiser and Pepsi products
12.45pm to 2.00pm
• Supporters Shield history and presentation
Specific time TBA
• There are tentative plans for a pub crawl at establishments in and around the Qwest Field. Each supporters group would have their own establishment as their "home pub". This particular event is in the planning stages and more details will be released in coming weeks
Day III, Sunday, November 22nd, Match Day – Pre-Game Parties
• Supporters groups of two teams competing in MLS Cup will be hosted by Emerald City Supporters and North End Supporters at their host pubs.
Most of the activities will take place in and around "The X-Box Pitch at Qwest Field" The itinerary and further details will be released and communicated out in coming weeks.
If you have any specific questions and / or would like to confirm you will be attending the conference, you are invited to e-mail the Supporters Summit Seattle Planning team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register online at: http://www.sounderscouncil.com/summit