Apropos of nothing really, except the news that Knighton was waived by the Union yesterday, here are Philly's goalkeeper transactions in their just over one full year of existence:
- Nov 25, 09 - Traded 175K in allocation money and an agreement not to pick an RSL player in the Exp Draft to RSL for backup Chris Seitz
- Nov 25, 09 - Selected backup Brad Knighton from the New England Revolution in the Expansion Draft
- Jan 14, 10 - Drafted Seattle Wolves' Brian Perk in Rd 4 of the 2010 SuperDraft
- Jul 30, 10 - Waived Brian Perk (claimed by the Galaxy)
- Oct 24, 10 - Finished season with 2nd highest GAA in MLS
- Nov 21, 10 - Both Knighton and Seitz left off of the expansion draft protected list
- Nov 24, 10 - Seitz is added to the protected list after Shea Salinas is selected by Vancouver
- Dec 8, 10 - Declined Seitz' option and left him available for the Re-Entry Draft
- Nov 15, 10 - Seitz selected by Seattle (and then traded on to FC Dallas)
- Jan 13, 11 - Drafted consensus late-first-rounder Zac MacMath 5th overall in the 2011 Superdraft
- Jan 20, 11 - Signed Columbian international Faryd Mondragon (hereafter known as the Moon Dragon) after he was benched by Bundesliga relegation candidates FC Koeln.
- Jan 25, 11 - Waived Brad Knighton
It reminds you how nice it's been to have a gamer like Keller in goal every week for two years.