Haven't seen any replays yet, so this is all from my perspective around the 50-yard line. Using my patented three plusses to three minuses system, since I'm kind of sick of the silly 5 to 9 by halves system.
- Sounders season to date: 1 Goal / 17 Shots on Goal (5.9%)
- Opponents to date: 3 Goals / 6 Shots on Goal (50%)
- Rest of the league: 25 Goals / 83 Shots on Goal (30%)
- O'Brian White ++ : Everyone who complains about him after this week because he hasn't scored (and there will be many people, especially in the national media) is an idiot. That header scores 95% of the time. And his backheel to Evans was sick. And he runs hard.
- Steve Zakuani + : Probably not 100% healed and he's still warming into this season, but he punished Sarkodie a few times. He also got yelled at by Keller for not breaking out fast enough after a change of possession, which seems to happen at least twice a game. I don't know about you, but if Kasey Keller yelled at me about something I'd probably stop doing it. Was also too lackadaisical about coming back onside twice and blew great opportunities. Steve can do some things that 99% of the players in this league can only dream of doing. But you know what every single one of them can do? Get back onside.
- Fredy Montero ++ : Nothing went in, but he did what he does: putting in hard shots from odd angles out of seeming nothing. Seriously, if you're a central defender and Kasey Keller just punted a long ball and it's just you and Montero waiting for it, what do you think your chances are? 40%? 10%? Your sphincter is clenched, I can tell you that.
- Kasey Keller +: Didn't have anything to do. Had no chance on the Houston goal, which was deflected at least once. Did Houston have another shot on goal? The stats say yes. I don't remember it. Good distribution. Good yelling at Zakuani.