Martins was instrumental in the Sounders surge to the top of the table in the win, scoring the Sounders' first goal in the third minute and playing a part in Lamar Neagle's goal in the 38 minute.
Martins scored the first goal off of a quick pass to Andy Rose. Martin continued his run and launched Rose's cross easily past Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando. Martin later spotted Yedlin on the outside, where Yedlin broke free for his cross to Neagle for the second goal.
Despite the recent run of success, Martins is the first Sounder to be named Player of the Week in quite some time, with Joshua Mayers guessing the last Sounder was Eddie Johnson back in May.
Martins is tied for the team lead in goals with Lamar Neagle, scoring eight goals in 17 games this season. What is good for Martins is good for the Sounders as well, with the team going undefeated this season when he registers either a goal or an assist.
More from Sounder At Heart:
- Six-pass sequence to set up Sounders' second goal was thing of beauty
- Episode 114: The view from the top
- Role Is Everything - The Ideal XV
- Major Link Soccer: Loudest Stadium in the World
- Reign Season in Review, Part I: The Bad Part
- Sounders Reserves win behind Estrada, Ianni goals
- Obafemi goal/flip, Lamar scores 3rd in 3, and Clint is Dempsey. (Animated)
- Adam Moffat is a solid addition to Sounders midfield