There are a lot of mock drafts out there, some good, some bad, and some by Simon Borg. As Jeremiah pointed out in his Sounders Mock-Draft Roundup, their respective picks are all over the board. For example, take Aodhan Quinn, Soccer by Ives has him being picked 37th overall, whereas Top Draw Soccer has him being picked by the Timbers at 17. That’s a pretty big range.
So what I’ve done is compiled the picks from various sites, including SBN, MLSsoccer.com, Soccer by Ives, Top Drawer Soccer, and Bleacher Report. Standard mock draft caveats apply, but I wanted to get an idea of the Average Draft Position (ADP) of these future MLS players.
|DC United||1||Steve Birnbaum||1.9|
|Philadelphia Union||2||Christian Dean||2.3|
|Vancouver Whitecaps||3||Andre Blake||3.6|
|Columbus Crew||4||Patrick Mullins||5.7|
|FC Dallas||5||Schillo Tshuma||6.7|
|Philadelphia Union||6||Marlon Hairston||7.3|
|Vancouver Whitecaps||7||AJ Cochran||7.4|
|Chicago Fire||8||Eric Miller||8.1|
|San Jose Earthquakes||9||Steve Neumann||9.1|
|Montreal Impact||10||Pedro Ribeiro||9.9|
|Colorado Rapids||11||Damion Lowe||12.8|
|New England Revolution||12||Ben Sweat||13.4|
|Seattle Sounders||13||JJ Koval||14.6|
|LA Galaxy||14||Kevin Cope||15.7|
|Toronto FC||15||Marco Franco||16.8|
|Houston Dynamo||16||Kyle Venter||17.0|
|Portland Timbers||17||Jared Watts||17.1|
|Real Salt Lake||18||Grant Van de Casteele||18.4|
|New England Revolution||19||Mamadou Diouf||18.5|
- Small Sample Size - only 7 mocks included
- The MLSsoccer.com and Bleacher Report mocks only included the first round.
- Players had to appear in at least three mock drafts to be included. For example, Cyle Larin had been mocked at No. 5, but he only appeared on one draft, which would give him an ADP of 5.0 with a sample size of 1.
Mocked to be drafted by Seattle Sounders at pick No. 13
- Schillo Tshuma - ADP 6.4 - Low Pick of 4 - High Pick of 13
- Ben Sweat - ADP 13.4 - Low Pick of 9 - High Pick of 18
- J.J. Koval - ADP 14.6 - Low Pick of 8 - High Pick of 28
- Joey Dillon - ADP 19.4 - Low Pick of 13 - High Pick of 28
- Aohdan Quinn - ADP 21.0 - Low Pick of 13 - High Pick of 37
- Nikita Kotlov - ADP 21.7 - Low Pick of 13 - High Pick of 30
Players of Note
- Grant Van de Casteele has the largest disparity between mock drafts of 27 picks.
- Taylor Peay - ADP of 28.0
- Cyle Larin - He has been rumored to be a top 5 pick if he declares from UConn. This would push all subsequent players down one spot.