The MLS editorial board has given the Sounders the kiss of death, all six picking the team to win this afternoon. Real Salt Lake has also received this treatment, meaning that if the curse continues to apply, neither team will win this weekend. Now, I don't believe in curses. At least, not this kind. (DO NOT EVER step on the baselines).
- The home team will always be the one named first
- Bold parenthesis indicate where to find the match in question.
- Normal parenthesis are my match picks.
- All times are Pacific DAYLIGHT.
- Clicking on the team name will lead you to that team's SB Nation blog, where you can get a more in-depth look at lineups and matchups.
- Complaints? Send them to 1313 Evergreen Lane, Bothell WA on the back of a 50 dollar bill. Thanks Car Talk!
- Let me know if there are things you'd like to see change in our/my coverage. We may be omnipotent, but we also like to throw a few wrenches in to screw with you gals and guys.
Game of the Week
This may not seem like an excellent match on the surface: One team hasn't won since week three, the other is still looking for their first victory of the SEASON. Rather than a dearth of talent, it is simply underperforming which holds these two teams back at this point. Any given week could be the one in which they break out and turn into the contenders. Given all the potential firepower on each side, it's hard to imagine that one team doesn't roll one more than the other. And yet, Houston hasn't scored for FIVE HOURS, and Portland has one goal since the 4-4 draw with Seattle. In fact, Portland's goals on that day equal their output the rest of the season. Is this really a Game of the Week? Yes, because I believe someone is going to break their streak today. Bank on Will Bruin for two goals (I know my fantasy team is) in a 2-1 or 3-1 victory in Texas.