While the attention of most of the United States is focused on the riveting action and spectacular plays of the NFL Draft, we will just be over here enjoying some actual sportsball. Why watch old footage of guys running around chasing balls and making tackles when you can watch NEW footage of those things?
Get a good look at all the National Team players this week, because they'll be vanishing after this game.
(oh, and don't mind this draft tracker app I've got open. I read it for the articles).
- The home team will always be the one named first.
- Bold parenthesis indicate where to find the match in question.
- Normal parenthesis are my match picks.
- All times are Pacific DAYLIGHT.
- Clicking on the team name will lead you to that team's SB Nation blog, where you can get a more in-depth look at lineups and matchups.
- You may pick your SB Nation friends, and you may pick your nose, but you shouldn't pick your SB Nation friends' nose.
- Let me know if there are things you'd like to see change in our/my coverage. We may be omnipotent, but we also like to throw a few wrenches in to screw with you gals and guys.
Game of the Week
It doesn't surprise that the Galaxy are struggling this year. Their eight points through six matches doesn't get them into the playoff zone as of right now, despite having only given up five goals. Their offense has been anemic, and they are still waiting for Landon Donovan to make history. Does that make it a good time to face a team that has given up more goals than they've scored in the Timbers? Maybe, but Portland got their first win of the year last week off of a stoppage-time redeemer. There's talk in LA that Omar Gonzalez might be out after the World Cup. Will the Galaxy be able to find someone who can bring his presence on the back line? Is the "dynasty" over? Or are they just waiting for Donovan and Robbie Keane to hit their high gears?