Vancouver and Portland in the Rose City today, free on MLS Live or available on Root Sports. That's the big one this weekend, and of course we are all rooting for a tie game. Predictors at MLSsoccer have the team with three wins all year taking victory again, even if the level of competition is a few notches higher. We all saw what Vancouver can do a week ago. It isn't likely that Portland just walks over the Whitecaps tomorrow.
- The home team will always be the one named first.
- Bold parenthesis indicate where to find the match in question.
- Normal parenthesis are my match picks.
- All times are Pacific Daylight Time.
- Clicking on the team name will lead you to that team's SB Nation blog, where you can get a more in-depth look at lineups and match-ups.
- Seriously, if you have noticed any difference here, leave a comment!
- Let me know if there are things you'd like to see change in our/my coverage. We may be omnipotent, but we also like to throw a few wrenches in to screw with you gals and guys.
GAME OF THE WEEK
The soccer gods heard that you wanted goals, so they gave you this match. Both teams can score until the net breaks. Vancouver will feast on the centerback pairing of Danso and Paparatto, and if the Timbers want to keep this from being like their Seattle match, Diego Chara will need to stay central as much as possible to prevent Vancouver from unleashing their long shots. Look for Portland to attack from wide positions, trying to get the ball to the head of new striker Fanendo Adi. Maybe they can goad Jay DeMerit into another "PK". These are big points: A Portland win puts them in a playoff zone for the first time this year (though Vancouver has played two fewer games.