It could be your last chance to watch the Seattle Sounders for several months. Or it could be the precursor to Seattle's first successful MLS Cup run. CenturyLink Field will be packed, Pearl Jam's Mike McCready will be playing guitar, and if you're reading this site and you live in Seattle, chances are decent that you're going to be there.
As always, it's a great idea to give yourself extra time to get to your seats, especially since over 53,000 are expected to be there (tickets are still available here). So maybe just leave now.
Also, bring scarves and warm clothing to donate at the gates to be given to homeless youth through YouthCare. Starbucks will be matching donations with cash to go towards the charity.
It's also fan appreciation day, and that means Subway restaurants would like to thank you with many giveaways, including but not limited to the following:
- 10,000 Subway/Sounders FC beanies and 30,000 Subway yellow cards at the gates
- Twenty (20) $15 Starbucks Gift Cards
- 200 adidas full-size soccer balls
- One (1) autographed Lamar Neagle jersey, provided by adidas
- 250 CenturyLink & Sounders FC scarves
- 250 Chipotle buy-one-get-one Burrito certificates
- Twenty (20) McDonald's $25 Arch Cards
- Twenty (20) Starbucks $15 gift cards
- Twenty (20) SUBWAY® $5 gift cards
- One (1) SUBWAY® $250 gift card
- One (1) Tirebuyer.com $500 credit toward a set of new Continental Tires
- Two (2) Tirebuyer.com $150 credits toward a set of new Continental Tires
- 100 Free 'zaw Artisan Bake-at-Home Pumpkin Patch Pizza Certificates
If you head to Occidental Park before the march to the match, you'll see Americana/country rock band Whiskey N'Rye, and you'll be able to sign up with Dubai Tourism for a chance to win a trip for two to (where else?) Dubai, and go on a desert safari excursion. Sweet. If you win, you'll get to go on the pitch at halftime to get the prize.
The march heads out at 3 p.m., kickoff is at 4 p.m., and by 6p.m., many #Decisions will have been made.