After about 100 games of local pro soccer, a few memories will stick with us forever. In 2014, the defining moment was Pappa purloining the Supporters' Shield. In 2013, we think back to Djimi Traore scoring to tie Tigres UANL in the CCL. When Steve Zakuani returned to the pitch in 2012, the results and goals didn't matter - he exchanged jerseys with the man that essentially ended his career.
The Open Cup took the forefront in 2011, as Ozzie iced that win with a late goal. 2010 was also an Open Cup year - Sanna Nyassi scored a brace in victory. Back in 2009, when we didn't know how special this Seattle soccer community would be, several hundred people welcomed the team home after it won the Open Cup in DC. It was 3 AM.
One of these moments could be the one that defines our memories of 2015. For this voting, we've included Sounders, S2, Reign, USMNT, and Women's World Cup memories. Group A is here. Group B is here. Group C is here.
1. Laura Harvey lifts the NWSL Shield, again. This time it was in the rain.
2. Sounders FC launch their developmental squad.
3. Jordan Morris joins the legend of Dos a Cero
4. Obafemi Martins with touch-turn-goal
5. Dire Days end with 4-nil thrashing of Orlando City