The CONCACAF Champions League draw is complete and the Sounders face off against Santa Tecla FC of El Salvador in the Round of 16. Santa Tecla FC have qualified for the CCL only once before, in 2015-2016, when they placed third in their group, drawing both home matches and losing both away matches.
What you need to know:
- The away leg will take place between Feb. 20-22 in Santa Tecla
- The home leg will take place between Feb. 27 and March 1 in Seattle
- Anyone wanting to travel will likely want to fly into San Salvador
Should the Sounders advance, they will face the winner between Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico) and Cibao FC (Dominican Republic).
Full draw is as follows:
(1) Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico) vs. Cibao FC (Dominican Republic)
(2) Seattle Sounders FC (USA) vs. Santa Tecla (El Salvador)
(3) New York Red Bulls (USA) vs. CD Olimpia (Honduras)
(4) Club Tijuana (Mexico) vs. FC Motagua (Honduras)
(5) Tigres UNAL (Mexico) vs. CS Herediano (CRC)
(6) Toronto FC (Canada) vs. Colorado Rapids (USA)
(7) FC Dallas (USA) vs. Tauro FC (Panama)
(8) Club America (Mexico) vs. Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica)