If ever there was a time when the Seattle Sounders were glad to have a bye on their schedule, the upcoming international break is it. With the recent announcement that Jordan Morris and Clint Dempsey were called into the United States national team, the Sounders will have five players joining their respective national teams following Sunday’s game against the New York Red Bulls.
Joevin Jones (Trinidad & Tobago), Roman Torres (Panama) and Nicolas Lodeiro (Uruguay) were the other Sounders to be called in.
Combined, that’s five of 11 Sounders starters. Luckily, they won’t be playing a MLS match between Sunday and March 31 when they host Atlanta United. The Sounders do have a friendly against Club Necaxa on March 25, a match that will surely feature many reserves and possibly even some S2 players.
Sounders in World Cup qualifying:
- Uruguay vs. Brazil, 4 p.m. (BeIN Sports, FuboTV)
- Trinidad & Tobago vs. Panama, 4 p.m. (BeIN Sports, FuboTV)
- United States vs. Honduras, 7:50 p.m. (Fox Sports 1, FuboTV)
- Peru vs. Uruguay, 7:15 p.m. (BeIN Sports Español, FuboTV)
- Mexico vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 4 p.m. (BeIN Sports, FuboTV)
- Panama vs. United States, 7 p.m. (BeIN Sports, FuboTV)