We touch on a lot, but not every, item we wanted to discuss.
Some keys moments:
- Clint Dempsey tried to talk Zakuani into continuing his comeback.
- How he convinced Marshawn Lynch into playing in his charity tournament. And yes, Beast Mode is still intending to play in the charity game despite making his own return to sport.
- Steve considers the cheer following Alonso’s header to draw New England to be as loud as winning the Supporters’ Shield, winning the Open Cup at home and his own return to the field after 500 days recouping from injury. He was kinda reluctant to mention that last one.
- He thinks LeBron James is greater than Micheal Jordan and can discuss the topic at length.
- Seattle, Atlanta and Portland are his favorites for MLS Cup.
- Because of his friends on the Timbers the fans were willing to accept him crossing the divide of rivalry.
- Darlington Nagbe nearly gave up his dreams of playing for the USMNT because his family means more to him than soccer.
- Diego Valeri is a good person.
- Clint and Nico are two of the top five players in the league.
- Grime is his favorite musical genre from London.
- There were stories about Brian Schmetzer, Joevin Jones, Leo Gonzalez, Obafemi Martins, Zach Scott, Clint Dempsey and many other Sounders.
- His favorite women’s soccer player is ‘Pinoe, but he also enjoys Fishlock and Little.
- He talked about trying to do new, different things as a sideline reporter.
- Steve no longer judges the essays and community work of Kingdom Hope’s candidates for soccer scholarships. It’s too hard.
These are just some of the memorable highlights. Again, it’s two hours and 42 minutes with three guys that love to talk about soccer while drinking beer, but mostly let Steve tell his stories. It was his show for the night.