"So are you going to root for the Timbers now?"
For very good non-soccer related reasons, I recently moved down to the Rose City. Despite their contemptible sports teams, Portland has much to offer: restaurants, hiking, people willing to employ me.
But I've been a Sounders fan since the 1970s (not a humble brag, I'm just old), and that's not changing. So I need the collective S@H wisdom to help me maximize my fandom in a foreign city.
- Are there bars or other places in Portland where Sounder fans congregate to watch games?
- Do Sounders fans congregate in Portland for any purpose besides watching games?
- Are there any coordinated travel arrangements to attend games in Seattle?
- What do Sounders fans do when the Sounders play in Portland, but said fans are not actually attending the game?
- Do you have any other advice for Sounders fans in enemy territory?
Thanks in advance for your help!
PS: Two "friends" actually asked me the question at the top. I may need to reconsider those friendships.