Raúl Ruidíaz will likely be called into the Peru Men’s National Team for a pair of pre-Copa America friendlies, meaning he would likely miss the Seattle Sounders’ final game before their June break when they visit the Montreal Impact on June 5. Peru will be playing Costa Rica that same day. Ruidíaz’s call-up is not quite official, but he was named to the provisional 40-man roster and seems a solid bet to make the final 23-man team.
If he does, the Sounders June 5 game — which falls during the June 3-11 international window — could see the team with as many as 11 players away on national team duty. Assuming full health, that would leave them with just 13 available outfield players — including teenagers Daniel Leyva and Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez — and three goalkeepers. It’s entirely many of these players would also be unavailable for the June 1 match against FC Dallas.
- Panama plays Colombia on June 3 and Uruguay on June 7, which could lead to Román Torres missing the game (he’s on Panama’s preliminary roster)
- Nicolas Lodeiro could be with Uruguay for the aforementioned match against Panama
- The United States plays Jamaica on June 5, which could mean Cristian Roldan and Jordan Morris are out
- Gustav Svensson could be with Sweden, who plays Malta on June 7 in a Euro Qualifier
- Brad Smith and Kim Kee-hee could feasibly be called into the Australia-South Korea friendly on June 7 (notably, neither have received call-ups in quite some time)
- Joevin Jones will almost certainly miss the game so he can be with Trinidad & Tobago for their pre-Gold Cup match against Japan on June 5
- Xavier Arreaga may be with Ecuador for pre-Copa America matches, which start on June 1 against Venezuela
- Nouhou is apparently being considered for Cameroon’s Africa’s U23 Cup of Nations team that plays on June 4
- Jordy Delem be available for the June 5 match but could feasibly miss matches after the Sounders resume playing on June 29. Delem’s Martinique could advance beyond Gold Cup group play, which concludes on June 23.