Lineups: The Sounders rotate their lineup heavily, mostly because of injury. Kelvin Leerdam, Gustav Svensson, and Raul Ruidiaz are all out with injury. Houston gets their first choice lineup on the field, aside from the suspended Elis.
The Seattle Sounders head to deep Texas this evening to take on the Houston Dynamo. The Sounders typically have a tough time against the Dynamo, especially when the match takes place in Houston. Seattle has also struggled on the road this season. Is this the match where they turn it around, or does the narrative of poor performances on the road continue? Watch with us to find out.
Absences: Injury, international duty and suspension
- OUT: F - Will Bruin (torn ACL 6/18, out for season)
- OUT: M - Victor Rodriguez (left hamstring strain)
- QUESTIONABLE: D - Kelvin Leerdam (right ankle impingement)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Raul Ruidiaz (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE: D - Roman Torres (right ankle sprain)
- Suspended: Alberth Elis
REF: Nima Saghafi
AR1: Ian Anderson
AR2: Gjovalin Bori
4TH: Matt Franz
VAR: Jorge Gonzalez
AVAR: Jonathan Johnson
Keys to the Game:
- The Sounders have found themselves in an injury pickle again. They could possibly be without 4 starters in this match. They’ll need to rely on depth to find points in this one.
- Houston has their own issues, with Alberth Elis being suspended. He’s by far their best player and he’s the one who makes their offense go. No Elis means that the Sounders should have an easier time keeping the game in front of them. Making sure the mistakes remain minimal will give the Sounders a chance a collecting points.
How to Watch
Match date/time: July 27 at 5:00 PM PT
Venue: BBVA Stadium, Houston
Online Streaming: YouTube TV, + (affiliate link, out of market), Fubo TV (affiliate link)
Local English TV: JOEtv (Costigan, Keller, Zakuani)
Local Radio: 950 KJR-AM Seattle (Johnson, Webber)
Local Spanish Radio: El Rey 1360 AM (Rodriguez, Maqueda, Tapia)
Local Spanish TV: KUNS-TV Univision-Seattle
Brad Smith comes off injured in the 31st minute, replaced by Harry Shipp.
Halftime score: 0-0. Sounders have a lot of improving to do in the second half. They’ve looked sloppy in their limited possession so far, but luckily Houston hasn’t done much of note either. Both teams had a handful of decent chances, with the home side creating probably the best of the half, but neither could capitalize on the opportunities.
This passing map plus the 38% possession tells me the Sounders have a lot of room to make improvements in the second half pic.twitter.com/hCKbGKIewH— Sounder At Heart (@sounderatheart) July 28, 2019
GOAL! 1-0 Sounders. Jordan Morris flicks the ball over his head with a sublime touch before rolling it into the net past a helpless Houston defender.
An absolutely incredible goal from Jordan Morris. Just amazing. 1-0 Sounders pic.twitter.com/y3Y0ouHDHx— Sounder At Heart (@sounderatheart) July 28, 2019
FT: Seattle Sounders 1-0 Houston Dynamo. A vital road win for the Rave Green.
SOUNDERS WIN IN HOUSTON AND ON THE ROAD AND EVERYTHING IS AMAZING— Sounder At Heart (@sounderatheart) July 28, 2019
This is Seattle Sounders at Houston Dynamo; watch with us
Sounder at Heart has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Sounder at Heart may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.